The Directorate is one of the three service Directorates and is involved in the day-to-day administrative matters as well as all issues affecting the workforce of the Agency to ensure efficient and effective use of human and material resources for improved productivity .
The Directorate is presently divided into 2 major divisions namely Administration and Human Resources. The Admin Division covers corporate and welfare matters whilst the Human Resources Division oversees the Appointment, Promotion, Discipline, Establishment issues as well as the Records and Registry matters.
The functions of the Administration and Human Resources Directorate are :
- Handles staff recruitment/appointment, staff promotion, transfers and postings in the Agency.
- Deals with complaints of staff misdemeanours/misconduct and recommends proper disciplinary actions to be taken by the Agency against erring staff.
- Documentation of new staff, prepares staff nominal roll and issues identity cards.
- Keeps records of all the Agency's rented and owned properties.
- Handles insurance matters as the relate to staff and NAFDAC assets.
- In charge of security services, environmental matters and other corporate issues.
- Coordinates matters relating to NAFDAC Council.
- Liaising with Ministries, Government Departments and other Agencies (MDAs)in sourcing for and collecting all establishment circulars and relevant rules and regulations guiding the conduct of government business.